The question(s) below open up a whole lot of other study and questions but it frames what I am trying to understand about my response to God's/*YAHWEH's instructions/commandments
Does the irrefutable fact that Jesus has made me Righteous in God's eyes mean that I should intentionally ignore and disobey God's instructions(*Torah/commandments) of wisdom of how to live in this fallen world and how to Love Him and Love Others?
Does the irrefutable fact that I will at times sin - fail to obey His instructions(Torah/commandments) - mean I should just give up and not even try to obey?
Because it takes (inconvenience) - effort, study, meditation, time and prayer and the help of others to actually understand His instructions(Torah/commandments) mean I should just ignore the Torah and let my feelings dictate which instructions I might try to obey and which ones I should just ignore?
Are there some commandments I must follow and others I can ignore?
Did the Apostles discard following some or all of YAHWEH's Torah?
Because so many Church leaders teach and basically say yes to all of the above mean that it's OK for me just to go along with tradition?
OR
am I supposed to take the words of Jesus seriously?
Mat 4:4 Jesus references Deut. 8 saying we should obey all of YAHWEH's commands and live by every word of YAHWEH?
""Carefully follow every command I am giving you today...know that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of YAHWEH". Deut. 8:1,3
"Don't think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. "For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or one stroke of a letter will pass away from the law until all things are accomplished. "Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commands and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever does and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Mat 5:17-19
Jesus said "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." John 14:15
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. "On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, and do many miracles in your name? ' "Then I will announce to them, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you lawbreakers! ' "Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock." Mat 7:21-24
"For this is what love for God is: to keep his commands. And his commands are not a burden" 1John 5:3
"Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked." 1John 2:6
OR
Can I interpret some of Paul's writings that he has the authority to contradict the whole rest of the Bible and even himself to the result and effect that YAHWEH's instructions are done away with and no longer apply nor need to be meditated on understood or obeyed?
Does the Holy Spirit lead people to ignore and disobey YAHWEH's Torah?
Most of the posts in this blog will be me exploring and trying to answer these related questions hopefully with your help and input.
*YAHWEH - God's revealed name in the Hebrew Bible. The Jews created a tradition of never saying His name out of fear of its misuse and almost all English translations follow suit and just use the term "The LORD". I use and speak His name often because there are literally hundreds of scriptures that say to.
*Torah - Used in the general sense of referencing the commandments given for Moses to record, including the 10 and all 613 instructions (depending on how you count them) or used when referencing the first 5 books of the Bible or sometimes the whole Hebrew Bible, what many call the Old Testament. Used in specific reference when describing some type of instruction that comes only from YAHWEH. I cannot find an incident in the Bible where "Torah" is used to describe any instructions from man. It is almost always translated in English translations as "law" but a much better translation would be "instruction". Many times I just use the word "Torah" so as to distinguish instructions that come from God versus instructions that come from man.
I think I fixed the comment problem. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am still learning how to run a blog :)
ReplyDeleteFascinating! I'm anxiously awaiting the next post.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment. I am planning to do a post once a week.
DeleteNice blog post 😌
ReplyDelete